Follow Me Cleaning out my Closet

Happy Tuesday! I am putting together bloggers on Facebook.
I think it would be great to share info while posting.
Come join us!



The girls over at For the Love of Blogs are having a clean out the closet day.
Here's the 411...
A time to express how you truly feel without the fear of being bashed, hurt or misunderstood. 
One of the greatest things I've learned through blogging is that it is okay to say
 how we feel on our very own blogs. 
It's our sanctuary, our place to feel at ease. 
Whenever I write about something that is negative, it releases all the energy that I don't like. 
We are human. 
It's okay to make mistakes, to feel the way you feel without anyone telling you otherwise.
 I then sometimes delete those posts because now I feel better and 
who really wants to have a blog filled with negativity. Not I. 
So writing and then deleting is okay too.
 But we would love to read what is going on and show my support. 
This is not a time to visit another blog and leave rude comments because you do not agree with them.
 It is more than okay to disagree but respect their blog and their space by not leaving your two cents.


Photobucket

In my closet lies a few pieces of dirty laundry.
If I had my way they would never see the light of day.
I have learned that keeping that laundry piled in the 
corner just stinks up the place
and you can't keep it there very long
 before someone finds your stinky pile.
In a Bible Study I am doing, Beth Moore talks about
the importance of cleaning out our proverbial closets.
Here is my cleaning for today...
I tried to lose weight last year with diet pills.
They worked a little bit, but really they just gave me
more energy that I craved.
I still ate horribly & didn't really lose anymore pounds
than when I did with Weight Watchers.
I have been off of them for over 3 months.
I'm still losing weight, but the natural way.
I lose about 1/2 lb every two weeks.
I won't lie, I want a pill.
A pill to give me more energy, happiness, peace...
An easy fix for this weight I put on in my 30's.
I could blame 4 pregnancies,
 but that would be lame.
I am trying to understand why I eat &
why I stop working out just when it's getting good.
God has lead me over the past few months on
trusting Him, seeking Him in ALL things,
 even my weight loss.
It's weird. I didn't really think it was "His" Thing.
What He has shown me is that my
health is from the inside out.
I can't just work on my appearance.
I have to give Him my "insides".
Trust is hard for me.

Resources:
Made to Crave - Lysa Terkeurst
David - A Heart Like His - Beth Moore
Psalm 107:9: "For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and 
the hungry soul He has filled with what is good."
Isaiah 40:31: "Those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength;
 they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired,
 they will walk and not become weary."
Romans 14:17: "What's important in all this is that if you keep a holy day, 
keep it for God's sake; if you eat meat, 
eat it to the glory of God and thank God for prime rib;
 if you're a vegetarian, eat vegetables to the glory of God and thank God for broccoli. 
None of us are permitted to insist on our own way in these matters. 
It's God we are answerable to—all the way from life to death and everything in between—not each other. That's why Jesus lived and died and then lived again: 
so that he could be our Master across the entire range of life and death, 
and free us from the petty tyrannies of each other." The Message
2 Corinthians 5:17: "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; 
the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."
Philippians 1:6: "For I am confident of this very thing, 
that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."
Hebrews 12:11: "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful;
 yet to those who have been trained by it, 
afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."
3 John 1:2: "Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and 
be in good health, just as your soul prospers."


If you are keeping stinky, dirty laundry in your closet I promise you have an
enemy that would like nothing better than for you to keep piling it up.
There is power in the truth.
If you feel like cleaning our your closet today just do it.
You will feel better.

Comments

  1. this is nice of you to share because so many women deal with this everyday! i too used pills that only lasted for so long....i didn't like the jittery feeling and thought (well knew) i couldn't be on pills forever! it's just not normal and i didn't like the feeling-except my sister was on the phenteramine (however u spell it) AND she lost over 60pds and is now a skinny anorexic looking mama....i love her but she is now too skinny-and i worry about what those pills do to ya! it's overall not healthy and something our bodies don't need- you are Beautiful, a gift from God-embrace those lovely curves and fall in love with yourself all over again! we can do it together! thanks again for sharing:) xoxo best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being open and sharing :) Hopped over from FTLOB, and I love this idea from them. I will hopefully have mine up later today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing! Everyone has something that they are working on. Working on it with God is the best way to find solutions. He wants us to truly succeed! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Losing weight is such a hard battle! It sounds like you are winning it and have found a great way to do it. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts