My Sister, Mom of the Year Loser

I just want to be real here.
I love the blogs where everything is perfect & pretty.

That's not me.
Some days are just messy.
Recently I was highlighted as Mom on the Move by 918Moms.com.
My sister reminded me that she has some stories for my "mom on the move" highlight reel - just to be sure I'm staying humble. LOL.

I am going to let her guest post with me today. I'm little scared as to what she's gonna say ya'll?!
My sister's comments will be in orange.
Here's 5 reasons as to why I'm not winning Mom of the Year 2011...


1. I can't remember my own children's names.
   "I love it that my sister named all her kiddos with not only the same letter, but they all sound very similar. So when she gets upset & starts to yell their names she get's a lil' confused & stammers." - Six Sister

 It's true. One reason we have nick names for all of them - who can keep it straight?! Don't even ask me their b-days.


2. My House is a Mess.
     "I can't say anything on this one. My house is a wreck?!" - Six Sister
 
 It's sad. I'm a horrible house keeper. I keep it picked up, just don't eat off my floor please. Listen, I see other things as priority right now & a housekeeper is not in the budget.


3. Bubba & I are like fire & gasoline.
    "She makes it sound all glamorous like a country song. They love each other don't get me wrong. They just bicker. I call them them the Bickerson's. Bicker like cats & dogs on a rainy night. Wait. Now I sound like a country song?!" - Six Sister
 
If you have read my blog for any length of time you know that we are the Bickerson's. We tend to bicker. It's silly really. We are reading Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. It has helped us on our journey.

4. I brought more Lunchables up to school this year then I care to count.
    "I don't know what's she's thinking. One, PBJ's are cheaper & better. Two, in my house, Lunchables would have made her a hero." - Six Sister

I just couldn't get the lunch thing together this year. I had two who refused to eat cafeteria food & one who wanted to study the menu & pick days to bring lunch. I am sure the office ladies thought we were nuts!

5. My kids had a million & one tardies this year.
    "My sister inherited the late gene from our father's side of the family. It's not her fault really. Throw that gene in with 4 kiddos under the age of 10 & it's nearly impossible to get to school on time!" - Six Sister

No comment. It wasn't exactly a million & one. It was quite a few however. Oh stop with the judging looks ladies!!!

Here's a bonus reason we just threw in for kicks...
I dress my kids in matching outfits.
    "The first few YEARS she did this it was cute. Now that the j's are not babies the family is starting to question. We allow this behavior because we know it keeps baby fever down." - Six Sister

 I can go a little crazy with the matchy-matchy. My Grandmother assists me in this activity by making  dresses, shorts, ect. I'm moving on to monochromatic color schemes :)

"Bottom line - my sister shouldn't win mom of the year because if she did it would be fake. She should win best REAL mom of the year. So she yells a little & runs late. She loves her lil' crew & would throw herself in front of a train for her family. She does her best & even though she messes up she gets back up & keeps trying. No one is perfect, not even close. My sister has given more hugs, cleaned more boo-boos, answered more questions &  smiled at the craziness that comes only with being a mom of 4 young kiddos more times than I can count. I think she's a great mom."  - Six Sister


I'm going to keep it real here... I'm not perfect.  Not by a long shot. I have raised my voice too much lost my temper too often over inconsequential things & pitched a few fits that put my 4 yr old's tantrums to shame.My children & family give me a small glimpse of the grace of my Heavenly Father.  I mess up daily a lot  &  yet they always forgive me & love me anyway.  I thank God for that.
Thanks to my only favorite sister for her idea for this post & her guest post. Did I mention she is single & cute? If you have a single, cute, financially secure man let me know :)

Comments

  1. I love your REALNESS. I think your imperfections make you quite endearing.

    I started out the year making great lunches to pack to school, but got lazy and haven't made one in the past four months.

    My kids at home beg for lunchables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. And you were so graceful letting her needle you on your own blog.

    I've eaten those Lunchables. Not bad. I like the turkey one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you are real. We do need a real mom award- now THAT would be an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LBB cracks me up every time!

    I love this idea. I need a sister to do this idea for me. Can I borrow yours?

    Why can't I eat off your floor??

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3 second rule has been changed to about 45 seconds now ya know! See there is a reason we have REAL in our title! I knew it and this post just proves it! I HART your sister, she us a cutie patootie! And when God directs Mr. Right inti her life and blesses them with 8 beautiful letters of her choice you are going ti bethe beat Auntie ever- dressing them matchy matchy w those big hair bows & bow ties! I can't wait ti see Easter pics now w the J's! A happy little dozen of cousins all running around like country bumpkins looking like they belong in a cute little carton! So cute! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts