True Beauty

My friend & I were discussing a book study she is doing on how to help your daughter with her self image. Our society bombards us with images of their idea of beauty. Less than 1% of the population look like the images we see on TV, online, magazines, ect. Girls are getting breast augmentations younger & younger.
I think we could all benefit from a study of true beauty.
Here are some activities we have used for our iMOM meetings. I hope they help you discuss true beauty with your family.


What does true beauty mean to you?

Comments

  1. Love this Jen! I'm leading a couple of Choose to Lose groups at the Y right now and I could tell they were getting so wrapped up in the numbers on the scale or body fat percentage. It's so important to remember that our value is NOT in that number or anything else external! One of the most unhealthy habits a person can get stuck in is believing lies about themselves and basing their value on those lies. We are fearfully and wonderfully made, our Creator made us and delights in us and sings over us. These truths have to be installed early on, or you find yourself living in the bondage of those lies later on. Thanks so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts