How Did He Propose? McLinky Monday at The RHOK

Last week at The RHOK they asked about your first year of marriage. This week they want to know how you got to that first year of marriage. How did your husband propose to you? 
My hubby proposed the weekend of Halloween. I know girls, how more romantic of a holiday could you get?! Well it really was romantic.

He planned a fun time at a very cool resort on Captiva Island, FL

Tween Waters is known for an awesome local HalloTween event. They have big tents on the beach, music, food and all the island locals come out in these extreme costumes. I need to find my pics from that night. I remember there was a group that were dressed as the Titanic Ship complete w/iceberg?! 
Anyway I digress. Tween Waters is also known for their beach at sunset. 

Many couples get married there because their beach is incredible!!

So here is the romantic part. My hubby couldn't wait to propose. He planned this wonderful weekend with our friends on the beach, but the ring arrived early. So instead of keeping the ring a surprise he proposed the Thursday night before we left.
On my back Lanai, he got down on one knee and told me he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with me. So sweet! To this day he really can't keep gifts a surprise.
We went on to Tween Waters and enjoyed his plans. We had a romantic, candle lit dinner in the dining room, then went out to the beach tent to celebrate. Our friends were in on the engagement and the fact that Jason didn't wait. My friend took a pic after our "re-enactment engagement". It's my blog profile pic and I posted it last week for McLinky Monday
The most special thing of the weekend is that Bubba planned it all for me. It was out of his comfort zone, not exactly his thing, but he knew I loved the resort and the beach. He bought me a small, silver cross in their gift shop. I still have it & love to wear it as a reminder of that special weekend.
Our 10th anniversary is this week?! I can't believe it has been ten years! That's another blogpost ; )


How were you proposed to or did you do the proposing? 
It doesn't matter if it was a well-planned proposal or 
something that slipped out in the heat of passion.  
The housewives can't wait to read all about it.

The RHOK

Comments

  1. Oh Jen I am loving reading everyones proposal posts and yours is no exception! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Lance can't keep a gift secret either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen!

    Girl, you made my day. I want you to post whatever it is you were going to about tv shows. I won't judge! :) I wish more people told it like it is, were real, and just were themselves. I struggle with it A LOT! You made me feel so much better. I'm gonna get that tattoo and "let my freak flag fly". haha. I'll post pictures. I'm also gonna change up my blog roll to include REAL people! :))

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. .....love your proposal story by the way. very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! Sweet story. That's so cute that he can't keep a surprise! Sounds totally romantic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts